Corner Pin Node crashes

I’m compositing a video with nodes, and I’ve just discovered that using a corner pin node causes Blender to crash as soon as I hit render. I tried on both Blender 2.72a and 2.72b. I’m almost 100% certain that corner pin nodes have worked for me before, but that was on a Mac (I’m now using Windows) and it may have been an older version of blender. Is there something obvious I’m missing? Or is this a known bug with any fix?

Also try an alternate source as it could be a decompressor problem with the video you are using?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the first thing I tried was a fresh .blend, using a corner pin on a render of the default cube. No settings changed except hitting “use nodes” and adding a corner pin, on a fresh install of Blender, and it crashes. It’s not the video.

Can anyone else use corner pins on the Windows version of blender 2.72b or 2.72a? I’ve tried on two computers, so I’m assuming it’s a problem with blender, but if anyone can take 60 seconds to confirm for me I’d be grateful.

I am using 2.72 on win7 and corner pin works great!

Hmm. Thanks. I tried Windows 7 compatibility mode (from 8 and 8.1), but still no luck.

Edit: tried something just now… there is no problem with using the “Plane” output from the node, but if I attach the “Image” output of the corner pin to the composite or a viewer, Blender crashes upon rendering.

Could you try a new build from Blender Build Bot? I am using a Gooseberry build so I may not have the bug.

It took me a while to get back to this issue. I installed the 64 bit version and it seems to work just fine, so my immediate problem is solved.

…however, the 32 bit version of Blender still crashes when using the corner pin, including the buildbot version and the 2.73 release candidate.