Will someone please write a book on using Python 3 in blender ?

Until then why not have those wits what can, massage the User prefs to enable noobs and or intermediates like me to change the tool tabs, or organize the tool tabs, or get rid of, or add content in tool tabs? I notice that some tool tabs have the same tool and/or add-on available in them all in the “official” release. A lot of wordage is being spent on “justifying” this change to the tool bar. But it wouldn’t be necessary to “justify” if it were made easy to undo, change. modify, and/or edit WITHOUT avail to python. I realize I’m asking for even more pythonage but until I can learn how to write and edit in python 3 for blender, what recourse do I have? I saw this book at FRY’s for learning Python, its 5 inches thick. I don’t feel compelled to learn everything there is to know about Python ( and I’ll bet that book doesn’t have everything ) in order to learn to modify the UI in Blender. Is this request too great a task?

Yes I know about this “How to assign an addon to a tab in Blender 2.7 on Vimeo

Yes I am next to being an ignorant a-h in python. Please spare me sympathy, empathy, or antipathy. Just either write the book ( For Python 3 in Blender 2.7+ ) or use your talents to make the "New" UI amendable, editable, modifiable, or able to be reset back to Pre-2.7+ style. Someone went to a lot of "trouble" to provide Maya-like Presets. How about for every new UI design you make it possible to set it up like the way it were? Is that only apparently beyond the Dev Guru's ken or ability? If you can "F" it up can you make it so I can un "F" it with a key stroke in the User Prefs? The change from the 2.4 to the 2.5 and 2.6 UI was good, but this tool tab business is messed up. I think.:confused:

I sense your frustration. The best way to avoid all that UI nonsense is to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Open up the preferences, look for the operations you use often or at least infrequently and Write/type them out neatly (tells your brain they are more important than stuff you simply copy/paste) and print them out big enough to have beside your monitor (laminate is tip!).

Customizing your entire UI is a labour or diminishing returns, you would need to keep copying over your homemade UI python scripts whenever you update Blender. The probability that you will keep doing that is in my estimation not very high.

I’m not sure you know about this, but it’s helped me many times: UI CookBook (specifically the Interface heading). This assumes you know a bit about python.

The problem here is, that Python itself is easy to learn if there is one language that van be learned online for free its python.
But people dont want to spend time on learning a language, once you would master python, you would find it easy to adjust blender.
But instead, people beg for changes, based on very personal related insights. etc, i mean instead blendering, just spend 8 hours a week coding and do that for several month’s. In that time start simple coding, i’m sure in half year you be a blender adon developer.

But no people dont want to learn they just blame blender and dont like to put fingers to themselves for not willing to learn, i dont like such attitudes. Or be nice and easy be a fan of what others make for you, else learn to write code for others.

I am not afraid of having to learn python, but there is now way in hell I could learn all the scalar and vector math required to know how to set up the nodes in Andrew Prices tutorial on making a campfire or wood fire whatever. So why not just have Blender UI set up to where if tou want to set a fire, you select some vertices, edges, or faces and then select Add Fire with or without embers and smoke? Why does it got to be rocket science? F88K

There’s your answer: http://youtu.be/6aIA2LaB2Iw?t=11m47s

You can start with my book here

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kilon/Python_book_of_magic

A long time ago I wrote a little introduction to Blender python: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Py/Scripts/Cookbook/Code_snippets. Alas, the examples were only tested in 2.57. I had almost finished an update to 2.62 which was very similar to 2.57, when 2.63 and Bmesh came along and broke a lot of code, and then I didn’t have the motivation to continue.

It is not the best of coding style and the examples probably don’t work in modern Blenders, but it is what it is.

Hey, thanks for writing that. It’s exactly what I need at the moment. Nice work.