Need help with game (jumping animation)

I’ve tried several times to find a good way to make a jumping animation for my character and nothing works. I made the actual animation, but I can’t figure out how to make it happen wherever the character is instead of one certain location. Any tips?

Hello!

You can use a controller box (hitBox):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/87tnhhs30vxmhho/ControllerBox.blend

Ok, first off, when you make a jump animation, don’t have the player actually jump,

have them do all the actions of a jump, but go up at all etc,

this is because you parent your armature to a physics object,

mesh parented to armature = no collision

armature parented to physics object = no collision

Physics object - Dynamic, or Character or Rigid body

So if you set it up as BPR said then make the physics object that the armature is parented to a dynamic object then set up logic to say that when you press a certain key it will apply a linear force (dynamic motion settings) and then add a collision sensor and connect it to the same controller as the one that goes to your jump motion and in the collision sensor property box type ground, then give the floor a property named ground as well, this should make you character jump(PS just make sure that your linear force is set to a high number like 8 or it wont jump very high at all)

Here is an exampleJump_example.blend (670 KB)

Jump_example.blend (670 KB)set up your character like BPR said , then(with the physics box selected) make it so when you press whatever key it will trigger a motion actuator (make sure the box is dynamic) then setthe motion actuator to trigger a linear velocity on the z axis (a value like 8 or something should be good) then select your floor and give it a property called ground and then back to the box add a collision sensor and in property type ground, then connect it to the same controller as the one connected to your jump key (i have attached an example)

OR

set the box as a character physics type then have a key board sensor and set the motion actuator to character, and click on jump.