digital jewelry

i had posted a previous version of this jewelry in my sketchbook, but now after improving some details, i like to share it here as it marks the end of my studies of blenders modifiers, and as it is, in a sense, fitting to the upcoming holiday season :slight_smile:
this is done completely in blender, using mirror-, screw-, curve-, bevel-, lattice-, array- and subsurf-modifiers a lot. the objects are many, but very simple mostly, some carry 5 modifiers, the gemstones are selfmade, as i wanted to have them as they would be cut in reality … i hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

edit : in post#10 is an improved final version, more sparkly, more pretty :slight_smile:

The amount of detail is insane. Good job.

All of the elements of your render are very well done. I particularly appreciate that some the light is coming from unseen windows. That detail brings the piece to life for me.

Wow, this is stunning! Great job. :slight_smile:

I can hear the sound when placing it on this glossy surface.
Beautiful render - materials and excellent modeling.

Brilliant work! The detail is incredible! I hope this get’s to the top row! :slight_smile:

thank you wo262, dennis pixel, shadow camero, michalis, and bonrw1. i am really glad you like the result of my study of modifiers. it was a lot of fun, and i feel i came a big step forward in blender knowledge… yes, michalis, when you can hear the sound, i got the materials right :slight_smile: yes, dennis pixel, i try to incorporate a surrounding, to make it look less cg, and more like true jewels… thanks again, everybody

Lovely design, are the smaller jewels earings or part of the necklace?

they are earrings, harleynut…if you look closely you can see in the mirror image their findings to fit to the ear.

i had some great comments on my blog, that helped me improve the jewelry even more, so i like to share this new version here too, and this is now really the final :slight_smile:

(please click image to see in all its sparkly glory)

it’s great, a good example how to render gemstones properly.

Might benefit from (even more) samples though, as some of the dispersion looks a bit noisy.

These are wonderful shaders and the brighter version in #10 makes them so much more attractive. The pearls are just stunning.

thank you kemmler… yes i see this little noise, but even on gpu this rendered long time as the pearl shader is so timeconsuming in terms of render times, so, i settled with this
minoribus, thank you. yes now it looks like jewelry one would like to wear :slight_smile: pity its just digital

Very well done! Need to play more with modifiers myself I think :slight_smile: This is very inspiring.

thank you limubei. i encourage you to playing with the modifiers, you will be amazed how awesome they are :slight_smile: