Challenge #600 (19/12/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #600 for Friday 19th of December 2014 is: Seasons

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 22nd of December 2014.

I’m wondering if anyone wants a sub challenge for next week?
The topic would get posted on Tuesday 23rd, the entries would get mixed and used in the next challenge and voted for as normal. Since i’ve messed up Photox’s entries twice recently I thought Photox could choose the sub topic? Any ideas, notes about participation, etc discuss!

bump !

I’m not quite following you rarebit. Could you explain again what you are proposing. Maybe word it a bit differently. Is it just a separate challenge to take place during the normal voting period? I guess the entries being “mixed and used in the next challenge” is confusing me.

@ Ryeath
thats what im thinking

sounds to me like the normal challenge, another on Tuesday and randomly picking one of you entries for the week??:confused:

Clarify a bit rarebit, sounds cool, just not sure how it works.

Yeah. I’m a bit lost too. Are you meaning another contest on Tuesday and then mixing all the entries from this one and that one together for a final vote?

Seasons of the Year

The flowers represent spring and summer, the leaves represent the fall, and the snow represents the winter.

Not sure I will be able to find the time to get this finished, so I’ll post it now and if I do get a chance to work on it more I will update.

Good luck everyone.

Edit - managed to make time to finish. Blender Internal. All Logos are copyrighted images belonging to their respective organizations and being used under the “fan art” allowance. - hopefully that legal enough.

(BTW mik1190, nice image. I had similar thoughts, more along the lines of a steampunk weather generator. )

Attachments

Honesty box

lack of time - lack of texturing and finishing

ok, simples…

On Monday / Tuesday Photox sends me a topic which I post here for use during the week if you so wish…

Then the next topic is chosen and posted as usual on the Friday.

Those who have used the sub topic, use that as the starting point for the new topic and / or combine them.

Then voting as usual…

Oh a penny sweet for the winner? Unless Helix is making what do you ma call 'ems and snickerdoodles again?

• I was half thinking the sub topic may be a setting and the topic an object?
    ** The week after we could ask RT for a topic?

So, we can either submit 2 renders, 1 subtopic and 1 topic, or we can spend the whole week doing 1 render, combining the subtopic and the topic somehow?

I understand as fcharr; anyway for me is fine almost any “twist” :slight_smile:

Open entry: “two seasons machine”

The machine (gears and body) textures were done with Substance Painter, learning a bit of that software. All the rest Blender.

Here’s a quick entry. Rendered in Blender Internal, took 5 seconds to render. I spent some time looking for the “Stars” feature but then I found out that it’s been dropped in Blender 2.7:(, so I had to use Blender 2.68.

One render…

Here’s my entry.
I wish I have spent some more time on it but I have so many ideas right now:spin:

I really like your entry mik1190 :wink:

well heres my entry
“Father & Daughter waiting for Mother in the hospital during the Summer”
all blender cycle with blender composite.
thought i would try something a little more photo real. :slight_smile:

TSF: many thanks! Also yours is looking good!

Here is my non-competing entry:

Seasons x 4

I had a far more ambitious image in mind to create, but I’ll have to save that for another day due to time constraints.

RobertT

Here is my entry !
This is my first participation in the weekend challenge, I hope this is good :slight_smile:
I rendered it with Blender Internal, and used Photoshop to create all of the textures from scratch, and to add the little signature.
“Seasonal Tree”

ok i think i get the sub topic thing now.
like on face off where they pick a topic like a evil trees and they throw in a twist where they randomly pic cards to see what the sub topic is like rotting,Struck by lightning or infested.
you mean something like that.?