Grandpa & me

Hey guys! Its been a long time, This is my recent Project.

Sculpted that monster in dynamic sculpt and then remeshed by snapping points. I think theres room for improvement… Please leave your feedback!

Thanks…

The concept behind is that a little scenario where a kid and his grandfather visits a lonely beach. Wondering how this creature stepped on their sand. : )

Thanks for your time

My website www.crazerep.com

This was my initial Sketch, i have my notepad always armed with my pen, to draw anything that comes to my mind.

This is the Viewport of my scene.

The lighthouse i made from scratch, it was a delight making this as well :smiley:

I like the lighting you have used, and it’s definitely a creative idea.

I think you should experiment with a closeup of the Grandpa and grandson with possibly an expression of shock. I realize that to do that you would not be able to see the entire fish in the camera frame, but I feel it would be worth trying out.

For me, the most enjoyable works tell a story. While your modeling and textures are excellent, your current composition minimizes “Grandpa and me” to the point where I had to look for them. You might consider moving your camera a bit closer to them so that they, rather than the monster, are the focal point of the composition. That means losing some of the wonderful monster but, I think that the monster would give the impression of being even more monstrous if it continued out of the frame. Your figures could be posed to be looking up, for instance, which would convey the size of the thing.
Very good work nonetheless and you can take my observations for what they’re worth.

@123ERTYY : I realy like this art wel done!

@Harleynut97 : It could be done like this :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, thanks :smiley: JF! and Harley i guess you are right : D

But maybe i was inspired from some other way to characters smaller while the whale being bigger :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback!

Very nice! I can see a lot of work went into this. :slight_smile: Congrats! I personally like your composition; it gives an immense scale to the image. :slight_smile: Great job!

I really like this 123ERTYY! My only crits would be that I’m not sure whats going on with the creatures mouth,
it looks to be both an inside and outside bulge at the same time. Also I’m not sure what those bright spots in
the sand left of the figures and the one big one left of the creatures tail are.

@ShadowCamero

Thank you! :smiley: That was my main aim! to have it feel big! :smiley:

@dreif

Thank you! It was some sort of a halo kinda spots outta his mouth, i needed it to have something like that :smiley:

And the bright spots are just water drops on the camera lens :smiley: