Norwegian booklet

There’s nothing special in terms of render as such. I just thought I’d post a project as it appears in print and the reasoning behind it. The publication is a booklet by the Norwegian organization Changemaker about Norway’s armament exports to authoritarian regimes. The title reads something like “Ruthless Weapon Export?” The illustrations were done in Blender and Photoshop and the layout/comp in inDesign.

The idea was to combine a stark, iconic visual effect with a realistic element, as not to make the subject too abstract. I chose physically correct .50 ammunition (which is produced in Norway, but to the best of my knowledge not exported to dictactorships) arranged as a map of Norway.

The latter may not be obvious to foreign readers, but the target audience will recognize it at once.

Trodde aldri noen norske skulle være på dette forumet :slight_smile:

Jeg får vel snakke litt norsk nå da! Jeg liker hvordan det ser ut, men kanksje det hadde vært bedre uten de skyggene og pass på oppe i toppen av bildet så er det en sånn svak svart linje. Nå veit jo ikke jeg om den skal være der men jeg tror den kunne vært fjerna.

I like how it looks, but maybe it would have been better without the shadows and in the top of the picture there is this weak black line. Now I do not know wether it should be there but I think it could have been removed.

Thanks for the reply. There’s always a certain degree of change when you convert to print, i.e. CMYK, so the image is actually somewhat darker on paper as it’s color corrected to match the print shop’s profile. I’m not entirely sure what black line you’re referring to; the ones in the corners are crop marks for the printer to know where to cut the cover after binding. If you’re referring to something else, it may just be a jpeg artifact.

(Og alltid hyggelig med nordmenn, da!)