How to get a whole edge strait with out manual work!

Now i could do this manual becuase its only 4 Vertices but what if ther is 50 of them in a complex model,

1. Here you can see the Vertices i selected is 0 on the Y-Line (see transformpanel at the right)
  2. when i select all the others and typ 0 on the Y-line its not working (i do know why)

But if am not wrong ther should be a trick for this to get all the vertices on 1 line at the same time,

Here’s one way:

Mesh, snap, ‘cursor to center’ (or move 3-d cursor where you want)
Change pivot point to ‘3-D cursor’

select the vertices
S Y 0 (Scale them to 0 on the y axis, using the 3-d cursor as a pivot point)

Yes it worked… thanks a lot Photox youve made me happy,
And now i can use this and make someone else happy to :slight_smile:

How can i add this trick to this work… i dont know how to expleen this but you probaly see what need to be done hmzz

With all those vertices selected–and I’m assuming that you want them all in a line on the z-axis, but maintain the curve on x-y–just hit ‘s’ (scale) > ‘z’ (z-axis only) > ‘0’ to flatten it. If it ends up not quite in the spot you want, just move it up or down to suit.

You’re best to leave the Pivot Centre on Individual Origins for something like this.

Thanks Ron!

You’re welcome.

And if you ever want to do the opposite–scale on two axes, but not on the third–hit ‘s’ for scale followed by Shift-<axis you don’t want to scale> before doing the actual scale operation. For instance, to scale on x and y, but not z: s > Shift-z, etc.

Oké thats verry handy to thanks Ron!