Still Life - Cup of Tea.

Hi there =)

So here is a render I did as the final project for my photorealism class at NAD center.

We had to take a still life painting and make it in 3D. I really love doing shading in Blender, it’s so intuitive and fast ! A real pleasure ! Hope you guys like it =) !

Very well done! Love it!

Wonderful work, true blender art :wink:

Really good one! :slight_smile:

Excellent!

One small criticism: the lemon piece on the saucer seems to be a little too regular. Otherwise, a fantastic scene!

very nice! nice textures :slight_smile:

nice light!

Wow, this is stunning! Amazing job!! I just have a couple of questions:

1. Could you show the node setup for the coffee and lemon?
  2. Did you use texture paint or an external program?
  3. Could you show the lighting setup?

Again, great job!

That felt texture backdrop is so good!!

Wonderful work! congrats.

Very nice indeed. Love textures and the mix of warm and cool lights.

Nice work! Your textures show a lot of care and attention to detail.

Very artistic. good lemon! Great cup

1. I did use a bit of photoshop to make color adjustment and add a bit of texturing (like the crack in the cracks in the cup). I could’ve done it directly within Blender but we were allowed to use photoshop for this).

I had one warm key light, one cool fill light, and a very subtle HDR for overall lighting. I also had to cheat and use a light above the lemon slice to make it shine a bit more. Without this light it looked horrible (like lemon clay…).

The shading in general and the structure of the cloth is utterly fantastic, I think you really nailed the photorealism on this one.

The only thing is that I’m trying to decide whether or not it would be nice to add a little whiff of steam coming out of the teapot, but that’s just being a bit of a nitpick at this point and the image is fine the way it is.

your version is actually better than the painting I think. But I never got that hot over impressionism anyway… good stuff.

Thanks so much for the breakdown! Really informative. :slight_smile:

Love the textures, Good Job :slight_smile:

very well done, feels so natural
also great idea to bring paintings to 3d

amzing work… textures are awesome