Learning Nodes

My girlfriend gave me the idea to actually measure our living room and try to replicate it in blender. Mainly to get an idea of the layout with things moved around.

I took a photo of our hard wood floor and used the 1st quadrant and flipped horizontal and vertical until i made a texture that is ‘repeatable’. I’m trying to mix it with a glossy look and have more or less, created a desired look in the preview.

However, when rendering (with cycles) the hardwood floor has gloss, but I do not see the woodgrain texture from the photo (RGB?)

can someone please explain what i have done wrong? Thanks.

As you can see from the attached screen shots, the preview shows the wood grain, but the render does not.

You have uv unwraped your mesh right? Because it looks like you have not.

Not sure if this’ll help, but I’d change the glossy shader type from sharp to beckman, this means the roughness value will actually have an effect.
Christy

What type of image are you using? Does it have Alpha at all? If it is jpeg there is no Alpha chanel at all and combined with Sharp which was pointed out already you get mirror like effect.
Try something along these lines http://www.pasteall.org/pic/81460

Hi

You didn’t answer @teundevries question…I think He is right.
You know ,You have to unwrap the texture before You can see it.When You use Uv from the texture cordinate node.
Try to change the node to generated instead of Uv.

Tai