Rigify crashing when I attempt to edit metarig

I have checked the box to run python scripts.

Just after generating the metarig and scaling it, I go into edit mode and attempt to move the pieces of the metarig so it matches the size of the body. Blender immediately crashes. Boom, gone.

I have saved and recreated many times, and started with a fresh file. If it’s a bug, it’s an incredibly persistent bug.

Every tutorial I have looked at, all of them, normally goes through this step so far as I can see.

I’m running Blender 2.71 on linux mint 15.

What am I doing wrong?

Apply your scale to the meta rig before entering edit mode. Or better yet, scale your mesh to the metarig then apply the scale to the mesh. I find that a better solution because the meta rig has a standard size and meshes can be all over the place.

ctrl-a will get you to the menu.

I have been very careful about scaling so that its always 1. So far as I can tell that has nothing to do with it.

If I careate a new blend file, create an armature, and try to edit it, then click E, or R, or anything else to change the armatures… Blender crashes. Again and again and again.

I’m dead in the water over this. I don’t know what to try anymore.

I just installed Blender 2.72 awhile ago. I opened the old blend file and went to the metarig and I was able to edit and move the arms. So under this version it doesn’t seem to be happening.

I just thought I would report that. Its a very strange bug to happen, but I guess it was a bug. Maybe my particular set of addons interfered or something? I have bsurfaces, the rigify addon of course, and a few addons to allow me to import foreign frameworks. I wouldn’t think that would cause an issue but I have no idea what else it would be.