[Addon] (Another) Autocompleter for Blenders Text Editor

Hi,

some time ago i begun writing a text autocompleter for blender text editor. It tries to autocomplete things in a “smart” way, making suggestions after entering a dot in expression or when referencing previously declared variables, classes, functions.
It also makes suggestions as you type and you can select an entry and hit enter to get its text inserted.

Its still rather glitchy and does not work in all cases yet, unfortunately… It draws a bgl Menu with the suggestions at the mouse cursor position.

But i thought i “release” it at this place (its from 2012 basically) now, so i can see whether you like it and whether it pays off to continue working at it, maybe this time with the jedi py autocompletion library as “backend” (my own is not so good)

It looks like this:

Download:

text_auto_complete.zip (95.7 KB)

Updated: Cursor position patch (caret_xy.patch) working with 2.72+ again

text_auto_complete.zip (77.5 KB)

Something like ‘emmet’ would be really great for the Text Editor, or Snippets like TextMate/SublimeText. To accompany the context sensitive auto suggest.

Lol o/ zeffii, it figures you would respond to this thread you TE lover you! How have you been?

Hmmmm @ Scorpion81… If you could train it to make the proper dot references from the BPY API docs so I don’t have to rack my brain to do it, I think that would be right up there with Christian Bale parting the Red Sea! Simply miraculous and god like!

well exactly JTA, always interested to see if others are making useful things for the TextEditor, it’s such an under-developed Blender Feature, along with Console.