Lost in 3d Space!

So I was in the process of creating a wormhole and I wanted to add a particle system. However when I tried to add one in the fray, even when I had the particle system starting at a velocity that can be seen in 3d space, the particles can not be seen in the render.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/33345

So I need to know what I need to change in order to make them visible. If this thread is in the wrong section, I hope that it gets moved into the right one.

P.S. This image is what I was trying to replicate.

Hi

The particles do appear in the render, it is just that their effect is not very noticable
There are two things that are noticable

They are rendered as a halo material.
Which is white, against a background that is very bright.
You can add rings/stars/lines to a halo, this makes them more obvious, and change the colours of the cylinders so they have darker shades.

The particles in your reference image are distributed very differently and having them cascade from the end of the cylinders means the distribution of the particles does not help them appear.
A lot of the particles ‘near’ to the camera are outside the cylinders.
So they are simply not seen {you can see a white misty effect in the render where they are outside}
The rest of the particles, and there are many of them, are almost directly in front of the camera at the end of the cylinders so they are all merged together.

Is the animation necessary?
If you are just trying to create a static image, then a good alternative would be to have the particle system creating particles, that do not move, directly on the walls of the cylinders.

Hope this helps

Martin