Kitty Stardust (first post, hello everybody)

First post here at Blender Artists, hello everybody! Hopefully my first of many as part of a long stay here.
Fur is hard, and that’s fun.

Wireframe, applied my subsurf before adding fur.

It could’ve used some more samples, but an impressive entrance to the forum nonetheless.

He looks pretty cute, do note though that we will be expecting a high standard in terms of quality now that we know what you’re able to do.

this is great, my girlfriend will love it, as she’s a huge fan of both cats and david bowie.

Great! very realistic, the pose captures precisely what make the kittens, you’re a great
observer!

good job with the fur!

A very nice render! The fur looks very fluffy as kittens often do.

Welcome to the forums! Plainly, you are a very talented artist! Great work on the kitten, very sweet :slight_smile:

ooii cute one… fur looks great… just try to re-render it with high samples… good job…

-Nita

Awesome work on the fur! Higher sampled version and, maybe, a little more catchlight to the eyes?

As said, more sparkle in the eyes will give life to it.
and such nice render desserves higher resolution renders!
Let us know if you have a low-end machine and we can help you render it higher.
Jury

I actually rendered it at about 3000 samples (overnight, progressive) but I probably went a little overboard with noise in post haha. My reference was a mobile photo so I wanted to get that kind of small-sensor feel that makes the fur look really fluffy. I’m working on a higher resolution version for Kemmler as he wants to print and frame it. Meanwhile, here’s how the render looked before post effects:

Thanks for all the feedback, I’ll make sure to but some more stars to his eyes!