Leap Motion Animation Data

Are there any scripts or add-ons for using the Leap Motion for motion capture? I’m working on an animation that requires a hand to be animated and wanted to know if there is an existing workflow to pull animation data from the Leap to use for a rigged hand in Blender.

I posted this in the Animation forum but thought it might be have more relevance to coding. Thanks-

I tried to get Leap motion to work with Blender on my Mac, however, it would not without recompiling Blender so System Python is used instead of Blender Python. Something to do with Blender’s static use of Python instead of dynamic. Blender would not recognize Leap’s dynamic library LeapPyhon.dylib, saying an init was missing in the file, so that’s as far as I got.

Actually, an init was not missing, but has the wrong spelling. The error message says "ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (PyInit_LeapPython). I noticed on another website “Stack Overflow” that for Python 3.0 >= you need to have (PyInit__LeapPython). That is with two underline characters to work! Now I have to figure out how to fix it. It seems that the Leap.py is incorrectly asking for the one underline one. If you run the sample.py out of blender, it runs the Mac system python and works correctly, using the default python 2.7 version. Any ideas?