The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Dedicated to J.R.R. Tolkien’s world, that is still lurking somewhere around that corner.

About the image

Imaginary attic, with the book hidden somewhere in its depths, was pretty damn visually provoking (at least, when I imagined it). Came almost as 1 piece, and that was great as I didn’t have to painfully iterate through various details and stuff. Everything was just there.

Blender, Cycles, Photoshop

Folks, for more info (and upcoming tutorial!) visit http://www.creativeshrimp.com/the-hobbit-there-and-back-again.html

A very good tribute. I love the textures and, most of all, your personal touch and comprehension. Something curious about the image for me was the feeling that the table was fully covered with spider’s web, but after a while it seems like a scratch photograph - which boosts the “nostalgia feeling”. I like it very much :yes: Congrats

You’ve described it very good. Indeed, nostalgia IS the feeling of the image, at least for me.

This is a wonderful image, Spelle! Very painterly, from the dynamic range to the style of lighting. Even though we are looking down at a very small area, the idea of an old loft or attic setting comes through immediately from the lighting and the dust and spiderwebs.

Very inspiring work! The geometry of the scene is surprisingly simple!

Very nice! I love the lighting. :slight_smile: Did you model the window? Would love to see how you did it. Great job!

Great work as always!

Awesome work, as usual, pretty realistic.

James, great observation about lighting! Yep, it gives us a hint about the world outside the camera view.

I have modeled the set of overlapping primitives to simulate it. Then added semi-transparent curtain on top of it.

Just brilliant. Great job!

Loverly… I’m surprised more people haven’t commented.
I can’t wait for your tutorial on lighting.

Thanks for the answer. :slight_smile: Your tutorial was great! Can’t wait to see the others.

Awesome !!!

Brilliant !!! beautiful image :slight_smile:

Very nice final output.
Really looks like an old illustration.

Congratulation.

Really nice image! I also really enjoyed the tutorial, lot of great tips!! Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Magnificent.