Alt-C shortcut does not convery whole Bezier to shape?

Hello Blender community!

I recently picked up a wonderful book on how to Character render but unfortunately it utilizes Blender 2.5. But aside from that, I tried to put a background image in to place and trace it with 2D Bezier Curves. I had no problem laying out the path but upon pressing shortcut Alt-C, this happened.

This happened earlier and moving a few points did troubleshoot the issue temporarily but it keeps happening. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Did you press alt-c in edit or object mode? in edit mode i believe alt-c toggles cyclic for the bezier shape… alt-c in object mode produces the convert from / to menu, which you then select mesh from curve

Hello! Originally I used Alt-C in Edit mode with does triggle the Cyclic U. But doing it in Object mode produced this. Could this just be the result of my path-laying? Would it better to just scrap it?

My technique was to Add 2D Bezier Curve > Extrude > Rinse and Repeat

It seemed to have gone fine until this

If this is for a training to master Curve bending, fine. I’d suggest making 2 frame curves as a separate object - could help to sort out fill issue: select one point on Curve, Ctrl L to select linked points; Shift select point on other curve, Ctrl L again and P to separate.
Otherwise Inkscape does a pretty decent job on vector tracing images and you could import resulting svg file, separate details and assign materials - http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=81344