help making lens spray

hey guys hoping someone can point me in the direction of tutorial for making water spray. Im having a aircraft fly close to the water. and i want the crafts air wake to kick up waterspray and some to hit the camera. ihope im using terms that make sense and no confusing people.

The water spray can be just a particle system. The water particles that hit the camera will depend of what kind of effect you really want to get. Most of the times this is something done in composition with splatter clips, but you can create these clips with fluid simulations or using the dynamic paint on a plane in front of the camera.

How do I make said particle systems go sideways. An I’m currently unfamiliar with splatter clips. Is that a node function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The direction of the particles can be changed through the velocity (with the possibility to use any of these vectors: normal, tangent, xyz)

what I was meaning with Splatter clips was just video clips of splashes, splatters, water drops, etc, that you can use in composition, or as textures. You can find some free clips and still images. There are also some professional packages but a bit expensive. And of course, you can make your owns within blender. :slight_smile:

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but how would you cut the water droplet out of the droplets without ruining it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk