Cherry Blossom Tree [critiques before final render]

Hello Blender community! This is a little project I’ve been working on for a few days now, and I’m pretty much done with it. This was my first time using Cycles, so I had to get a lot of practice with the node editor, and I’m still not an expert with it by any means. Anyway, I just want to get your feedback before I do a final render. The main aspect about it that bothers me is the lighting. I used an HDR image, and I feel that I need to adjust some things in the world nodes.

P.S. as far as my overall experience with Blender goes, I am 17 and have been using blender since last year. Up until this point I have been using the Blender internal rendering engine for everything.

Thanks for your feedback! :smiley:

At first glance I noticed that the tree has flowers but no leaves. Maybe this is what you want, but I think it looks a little bare without any leaves. Other than that, this looks pretty good.

I think that the rest are ok, but the tree structure can be improve. If you want to make a realistic cherry blossom, then you need to take a look at reference photo. The branch structure of cherry is difference from this. The sakura flowers are often cluster together and there are multiple clusters on a brance. How about replace leaves with lowpoly flower? I recommend ngplant for modelling tree.