Mouselook actuator problem

I have been trying out the new MouseLook actuator as opposed to python scripting and for some reason it starts getting jumpy after a while of using it, like the motion is not smooth any more, i’m not sure if its a bug or something controllable, (almost as though i have set the threshold to 0.200, i get the same effect when i do this, but it does so even when the threshold is set to 0.000), if anyone can help me with this please let me know how to fix it.

Thanx in advance

Tim

I tired the new actuator, and I don’t really like it, as you can’t use it for position, or for ???

Check this out

/uploads/default/original/4X/4/7/6/476268b48bd007bb905d127894957a90d62ae33d.blendd=1418451313

This uses ‘ForceLean.py’ to set x and y, which is then used to move the mouselook target and it’s root.

ForceLean.py by kevincorrigan adapted by BPR

this x, and y can be used for anything.

I think you’re not the first…search the forum…

Unfortunately I couldn’t tell, didn’t follow those threads myself…

It was a bug related to odd screen resolution. I have added a fix to differential to be included in 2.73: https://developer.blender.org/D946

Thank you for all of your work on the game engine!

Can you add a mode that displaces a object from it’s original position relative to it’s parent? (position not orientation?)

like the object ‘MouseTrackTarget’ in this file?

Attachments

ProceduralAnim4.blend (624 KB)

thank you so very much man!