Daz 3d pub

Hello all,
This may seem stupid to many but I have an ethical issue with one of the PUB on the website. The one of DAZ 3D with the girl lying down with a string showing her butt.

I visit Blender Artist nearly everyday and my 7 year old daughter is really interested in the great works the artist do here. I feel quite embarrassed when this pub loads and my kids and wife around.

If I’m not mistaken when a post contain nudity, we do ask the one posting the thread to advice if so. Then why would this pub goes against that ethical rule?

Like I said many may find it stupid, and I do understand the point of having that kind of pub on the site as many here are young man.

But still I would really like to be able to visit the site and not hear from my wife : “Hey!!What kind of site are you showing to the kids!!”

Thanks for taking that seriously.

I totally agree! Absolutely unacceptable. There is no reason why it can’t be labeled, it is just a few extra words. Preach it, bro!

It took me a while to realize what you are talking about, as I was not familiar with the term “PUB” for ad(vertisement). In case someone else wonders and doesn’t want to reload the page until this ad shows up, here is the censored version for reference:

Well, the perception of nudity and “ethical” boundaries are highly subjective and individual. I for myself find that image not offending and one could argue that - technically speaking - she’s not even nude. But I understand and respect that your mileage varies in that regard.

However, here’s a fun fact:
I’m around here for years and have not even noticed that there are ads on this page. Why? Because I use a handy little Firefox plugin called Ghostery, which not only protects my privacy by blocking web trackers and cookies, but most conveniently also blocks the BuySellAds plugin this site uses, leaving only a blank space where the ads are supposed to be*. Perhaps that’s also a practical and immediately effective solution for you?

*Now, I realize that “promoting” ad blockers is a double edged sword, as this site is (to some degree) ad sponsored - but I think this is an exceptional case, no?

Thanks NID for your support and thanks Ikari for your comment.

I made this post not to ask that the Blender Artist site should have no advertisement (PUB), as its surely needed to keep this great website alive. But to just be a bit more conscious about that particular add and maybe other of the same type in the future.

I referred to my kids earlier. But we do encourage people of all ages to use blender. This week a young artist of 14 years old won Blender Guru latest contest. You would say to me, wait this dude is a big boy now. But he started 2 or 3 years ago.

We encourage schools to teach Blender too. They will surely use this site as learning reference.

I’ll stop here, just wanted to share my point of view on this subject. Just hope I’ll be heard .

Nice day to you all.

While it is technically not an ‘R-rated’ image (or a nude), I do agree that it might be a good idea to look into banning DAZ advertisements unless they find something more tasteful to put in their adverts.

A bit too skimpy and pushing against the boundaries for my tastes, but chances are they have worse things on their website, doesn’t mean it should stay though. My opinion is that a good professional advert shouldn’t go beyond the PG level in content.

Also, regarding 7-year olds on the internet, the general rule of thumb is that you keep them mainly on sites catering specifically to kids until they are 13 years of age (most forums have an advisory against people registering until they are 13). It’s part of making sure they’re old enough to handle the responsibility of being on the internet.

I use Google Chrome on my desktop, with the AdBlock extension to hide this ad (actually, I used to have it installed on a previous computer, and hadn’t installed it on my new machine until this very ad started popping up every time I came here). It hides the ad now, thankfully.

But out what to do about Safari on my phone?..

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure how granular our control is over the ads that get displayed here (ideally, we’d have very fine controls, but I’m just not sure). Wes or Jonathan would know better. I’ll find out.

Hey there,

Thanks for brining this up and we do have some granular controls over what adverts are displayed. I definitely appreciate you having the ads display as that directly helps fund the site, but ads which are not relevant or “good taste” should not be present.

I just reviewed our Google Adsense settings and banned a few more categories and ad types which may help. Another thing I did was adjust our backfill to not use as much Google Adsense through Buy Sell Ads. If it creeps up again let me know at [email protected] and will jump on it.

Happy Blending!

Hello,
I was away a few days so I could not respond. I’m really happy that what I shared was taken seriously. I would like to thanks the site admin for taking my opinion into consideration. Its great to know that an ordinary member voice will be listen to.

Big thanks again, you guys are doing a great work.