Pietà

Hello everyone!
I want to show you my project inspired by Michelangelo’s Pieta,
I believe the sculpture
and one of the most beautiful things in the world.
So in these days of festivity I decided to realize this project
When I saw her I was struck in Rome and so I tried to re-create something inspired
by her.
Mine is an attempt to recreate something that it can remember, does not want to be
a faithful reconstruction, and I wanted to use blender to do it.
The model is divided into parts, the Madonna and Jesus are models with a rig and are posed
so I can change the pose if not convince me.
The clothes and the static parts are not dynamic models, sculpted.
The models have a modifier multires and maintain the topology
intact.
I would not use the dynotopo sculpting to not break the topology
models.
I think I might try to use the dynatopo later to add details
in areas such as the hands or drapery.
All parts exported .OBJ weigh 1.2 GB and I used a rendering engine
external from blender.
I hope you enjoy it.

a little bit larger images would be better, because they are too small, i can’t see them good :slight_smile: but what i can see looks pretty good :slight_smile:

Thanks Dathuna,
OK …
Now I upload the larger images!

yeah, know i can see it much better and i like the way you sculpted the clothes :slight_smile:
this woman looks great as well :slight_smile:
god job :slight_smile:

wow! this is a great sculpt, since you managed to capture the spirit of the original!

there are some anatomical issues, like at her shoulders (the bent is wrong, and the rotation of the arm looks like it would hurt her), or his feet (too small, i think) and hand (not enough structure), but still your piece is so strong in emotion that these is not taking away. i like that you made michelangelos pieta your own, by simplifying the rich folds structure in a believable way. also i really like her face, again this is your own but keeps the essentials of michelangelos sculpt. another point i love is that we can really see the weight of jesus … well done!

Thanks Much Doris!
I admire very much your work, your digital sculptures are incredible wonderful!
So I’m very happy of your comments and I believe that with your great culture
artistic and anatomical you read just what I tried to accomplish,
that was to capture the spirit and strength of the Pieta
of Michelangelo.
Since the model is posed and non destructive I can adjust the
anatomical errors that you highlighted.
Thanks Much!

Very nice! I’ve seen this picture many times, and it captures the likeness very well. :slight_smile: Great job!

it’s not perfect, but it’s awesome, and very good choice in the subject :slight_smile: congrats!

thanks ShadowCamero and elbriga!
I am very glad you like it!

some stars!?

Beautiful sculpture, but lacking one important and specific detail. If you take another look at a photograph of the Pieta you will see why it is considered such a masterpiece with this simple fact in mind. The problem Michelangelo grappled with was how to sculpt a much larger male, Christ, laying on a smaller female, Mary, and make it look normal. He succeeded so well it isn’t even apparent until someone points it out. Still, a very good beginning that I like.