Weird Tree Issue

Hi all fellows out there :slight_smile:

I am currently working on a christmas project that I want to be finished before christmas. I am in the process of creating trees and distributing them around my scene, but I have run into a couple of problems in doing so. For the tree to be in a particle system you need to have it as one object. I used the sapling add-on to make my tree and therefore it has 2 different objects in it, but when I join my 2 objects something weird happens.

The leaves suddenly go black and they are squished in, and yes, I have converted the tree from a curve to a mesh. There´s nothing wrong with the materials or the meshes as far as I´m concerned, but I´m uploading the materials and the tree here so you guys can review it and see what went wrong.

IMPORTANT: BLENDER 2.72 IS USED

Tree with 2 seperated objects:

tree as one merged object:

As you can see the tree is the same even when it´s merged and when it´s not merged, but take a look at what happens when I render it.

Rendered tree as 2 separate objects:

Rendered tree as one merged object:

Anyone knows why this happens?

Here comes the materials

Leaf material:

Bark material:

Thanks for your attention everybody and if you know the solution to this problem just reply :stuck_out_tongue:

When they were two separate objects, did they both have a UV map that was named “UVMap” as is the default? If so, the merged object’s UV map was overwritten with the target object’s unwrap. If you want to preserve two distinct UV unwraps when merging objects you need to make sure they have uniquely named maps.

ty so much for the quick reply :slight_smile:

Both had it´s own uv maps, but instead of using the leaf texture for the leaves, it used the bark one because it was overriding the leaf material. Only had to select “override leaf over bark in render” button in the vertex menu and the problem was solved :smiley:

So in other words, thank you