Workflow with multiple files - Blender to Cryengine

Hello.

I have started a project that will end up into CryEngine. I am uncertain about the workflow, what i should do with Blender and what with CryEngine. My project is going to include outside and inside areas (hopefully no load animations in between), animated objects (sliding doors, machines) and all sort of accessories. Basically a spacestation that has interactive objects. It will also include a character.

I’ll list my questions next:

1.) I am going to do Modeling and Rigging in Blender, but should i also add textures and lighting in Blender or do them in CryEngine?

2.) I’ve come to a conclusion, that i should use separate files for different assets and then combine them in one file using Group Linking. OR should i just make the assets and combine them in CryEngine? For example, i want to have different sections of hallways in one file and then link to them and put those pieces together in one file. Like one can see in some level editors. That way i would still have the possibility to change those sections as i see them together in a bigger build.

I am new to Blender, althou i have slowly been learning it for past months. I’d like to make sure that i am doing things right from the start so i don’t have to rework too much.

All help appreciated :slight_smile:

Nuutia