Challenge #599 (12/12/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #599 for Friday 12th of December 2014 is: Harmony

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 15th of December 2014.

“The Horny Violin”

alright guys i’m baaaaaaccccckkkk

i dont thank i can beat this one:)

Can’t have one with out the other… Well you could but it would have the same effect.

Attachments

Pure Cycles 250 (Falling) A depiction of Love.

Toy soldiers

This are really cool renders guys. Wish I had the time to do this one. Good Luck everyone. I will be sure to vote on this one

If I had more time, i would make The Manhattan Transfer, the legendary vocal harmony group that has been going for nearly 40 years :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Music of the Spheres

Link for viewing at full resolution

RobertT

Nice entry RobertT.

Was it all inspired by the song “This is my Fathers World”?

“This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears,
All nature sings, and around me rings,
The music of the spheres.”

heres my entry “perfect harmony any way you like”

this was the first thing i could thank of to make in one day.:slight_smile:

good renders everyone.

all blender 200 samples

“Universal harmony”

Nice work everyone! However i have to say the harmony in RobertT entry beats all of us, in my opinion :slight_smile:

UPDATE:

I just updated my post with the final render at a higher resolution. Since images get resized in the forum, I added a link in my entry post so my image can be viewed at full res.

Ryeath: Thank you! Here are some links which explain aspects of the Pythagorean inspiration for my project:

The Pythagorean Theory of Music and Color
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta19.htm

Musica Universalis (Universal Music, Music of the Spheres)

Pythagoras & Music of the Spheres
https://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/unit3/unit3.html

mik1190: Thanks for liking my image. I find yours very nice as well! I hope we will see some more entries! Still plenty of time left!

RobertT

“C - E - G Harmony”

Higher quality image here: https://db.tt/ViqKg1C3

I really wanted to make something photo-realistic this time, and I think I accomplished my goal.
I love the entries everyone!

Nice, It looks pretty good. I was going to do something like this except the C major chord was going to be on a score on a music stand.

i dont know if its me or the pizza but the pizza looks like its 3d jumping out like i have 3d glasses on

harmony in nature

me learning how to make flowers in blender.

Great job on the piano Zachman.

Some very interesting reading RobertT. Thanks for posting the links.

RobertT: appreciated!
Midnightcpu: i think can be becouse of the the rectangular box under the pizza…can i give a little advice for this last? You could have texture painted the whole body using the stencil function, so the crust was “blended” better with the sauce/middle part. It would take maybe 5 min more but the result pays off :slight_smile:

i was thanking it might have been the blur i used on it created enough to cause the background and the foreground to separate because, i used two of the same images and ran them through different nodes and added them together?
but you might be right.
the crust was a bread texture dont really know how to texture paint, blender keeps shutting down or crashes when i try, might be doing something wrong.