Too used to 2.49, how to setup new versions accordingly?

Hello!

I really wanna move onto the newer versions of blender. but there are 2 things that really bothers me about their controls and interfaces.

1st. the way you rotate the camera. In 2.49 you could use alt+mouse1 as well as mouse3. In the newer versions it seems to only be mouse3.

2nd. In 2.49 you could hold and drag your mouse to initiate a function which drags the selection along the 2d plane of the camera. This function is VERY important for me.

I know you can adjust more preferences in the newer versions, but I am down right confused with how I would go about achieving these things (if it’s even possible at all). I’ve tried searching for this already but to be honest. It’s very hard to search for.

Tanks in advance!

In 2.49 you could use alt+mouse1 as well as mouse3. In the newer versions it seems to only be mouse3.
Just a in blender 2.49, you need to have ‘Emulate 3 Button Mouse’ enabled in their User Preferences

Thanks! That solves the first problem.

I also have an additional problem now. I can’t UNselect using the rectangle (B). I’m used to holding alt and doing a rectangle selection but it doesn’t work.

For the second question, you need to press the right mouse button to drag your selection, left button to cancel the tool. I thinks that’s what you’re describing, no?

Press B to box select
To deselect either drag MMB
or drag LMB holding down Shift
or drag LMB holding down Alt (only if you have enabled 'emulate 3 button mouse)

Yes this is what I mean! Thanks!

Ahh yes, thank you. It works as in 2.49 with enable 3 button mouse.

All questions have been solved! :slight_smile:

Another problem I’ve encountered. How do I move a selection of vertexes in the UV editor? When I do the right click pull thing it just picks the one vertex which is closest to the cursor. It’s really annoying.

This is exactly how it works in blender 2.49 by default for me. If you changed a preference in 2.49 to change that behaviour then just do the same change in 2.7, otherwise the solution is the same, select the vertices and press G

For me in 2.49, I can do the drag and release thing with mouse to initiate movement of a whole group of vertexes in the UV viewer. And I cannot remember changing any settings at all. Although I seem to have been using emulate 3 button mouse all along so I could very well have been running some different settings.