AMAZING! Blender's new Grease Pencil tools

Someone posted this on another forum: http://vimeo.com/113610809

Can’t wait for 2.73 !!!

If this goes on Blender is probably going to be the first 3D program better in 2D animation than 3D.

Impressive stuff…

Wow! I had no idea it was going in this direction! Looks like a LOT of work was put into it.

True Amazing, I too did not know that this kind of animation would be possible.

One little note as a parent though. If your kid want to have a little time with you do not give him a tablet, life too short :).

I had the same thought, though I imagined they were playing a game together, which made it slightly better :confused:

This is going to make pre-vis and story boarding/animatics really easy!

I was hoping the kid would put it on the ground and kick it at the parent like he did the ball.

I’m sure this is the point/moral :slight_smile:

You don’t have to wait.

http://graphicall.org/

Let’s see your sample of work using the new Grease Pencil.

You don’t even have to go to graphicall. The updates to Grease Pencil are in master. If you’re pulling nightly builds (or the release candidate for 2.73 that’s going to drop very soon), you can work with 'em now.

Good point, Fweeb.

I’m sure a lot of people would like to see more samples of work done using this new, “amazing” Grease Pencil. (Looking forward to OP’s work.)

I’d rather see it used more often in retopology workflows, become an essential aid in generating 3d meshes.

Very cool: onion-skinning.

Any plans to do some kind of onion-skinning for 3D objects, too?

I can see it being used for that (we did in Blender 2.4x).

But really… I’m quite enjoying editable Grease Pencil and the colorizing of onionskinning (we had onionskinning in Grease Pencil before, but having it colorized is really quite nice). I’ve already used it for a couple of my projects.

Heh… plans? Of course. Implementation? That’s a much more complicated topic… performance has always been an issue. The most we currently have is armature ghosting. I’m not sure that we’ll have more than that any time soon.

I like to use the Duplication: Frame Option in the Object properties - for moving objects without armature. Kind of a silly workaround