Another test - GOW camera style, or so

Well, I keep making test

This time I wanted to do something similar (kind of) to GOW camera, so here some test videos:

and here the “final” version:

And some screen captures here:

all the models are pretty simple, there is no much work on they

Attachments

While that is cool, I don’t see the connection to Gears. Is it just the camera placement?

Thanks! and yes! that why I said I wanted to do something similar (kind of) to GOW camera.

But haven’t finished yet, I have to put a character player for a correct camera placement and make it more similar, not identical :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: nice! thanks! Although mine was planned to teach some students to use it with logic bricks (mouse actuator), and this one looks more complicated for them, but is really good! :slight_smile:

The comments are not all correct at the moment I just noticed,

I added ‘Distance’ later, for ease of use, but forgot to update my comments,

you can bind your camera ray to a object, and rotate the object with the mouse actuator,

also you can bind the camera target to it instead,

(so the mouse can rotate the camera, or it’s tracking point)

would you like a example?

this uses ForceLean.py by [URL="http:///u/kevincorrigan

it was adapted by me to pass properties

Attachments

BPR3rdPersonCameraRig (MouseLookAdded).blend (462 KB)

Thanks a lot BluePrintRandom :slight_smile: let me have a look at the file ! :slight_smile:

Almost forget this

I checked out the file and it works really nice, but a bit different, let me explain:

Camera should rotate in the player’s center, right now it rotates on it’s own center, and while looking to one side (for instance) the player can be out of sight.

Also the player should rotate as the camera rotates while moving mouse in X (side to side) axis

And I think that’s all, everything else works pretty well :slight_smile:

I’m still usiing this level in my spare time, but for nothing specific, here is a video and some screen captures

I’ve used the fire resource someone put in the resources section, but cant recall the name right now (just found it in my download folder), but thanks!

Love me some Gears! Though don’t see the connection to it judging from the videos… pretty sure the camera is over-the-shoulder view, rather than being directly behind you.

Looks really good though, textures and models look fantastic!
Those screenshots look like they come from a Ps1 game, either RE or Dino Crisis, cause of that grainy effect going on

Well, there is no much connection with GOW, just the camera are a bit similar (just a bit) but in the video I only shown the first person point of view, but it’s just the style, not the entire concept :slight_smile: and yes, some textures are very low res, and at the end I decided for a shader to make it look more grainy , thanks for your comments! :slight_smile:

An update

Other video :slight_smile:

Wow the map looks just awesome! And runs stable at 60 fps! Great work.

Looks good. Do the guns work? This could easily be released as a professional game. Great work. 5* from me.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks blenderjunkie, yes it works :slight_smile:

Some modifications in the fire material

The Popsicle Cart prop