You experience with Sheep-it?

Hi, i want to ask about your experience with Sheep-it.

Is it good and reliable? I mean because of hacker attacks? How do they protect your system against attacks if you allow them to render on your PC?

Does the credit system work properly?

They don’t allow auto-run scripts, so no attack possible, but no rigify possible, which is the reason i stopped using it. In addition it’s complicated if you have cache (dynamics, fire, etc) you have to upload really big data…
beside those points it world really well,it’s fast

I put sheepit on spare box’s to collect zero days for my brother to take apart, But your mileage may vary.

You can bake your animation for characters.

Sheep-it is really great !

It’s fairly useful for huge still shots.

it’s good for me cuz i only have a laptopbut the ques are long, and options are limited
but still faster than my renderings

I have a mixed bag of feelings with it, generally speaking is great for a simple animation which has been most of my stuff (turntable animation) but the community support in my experience sucks any question/bug or contact with them is extremely frustrating and even though my rig is not cutting edge and not built with the latest GPU and CPU it can still contribute with some frames…their replies are a bit stuck up and tend to be like “how dare you try to do stuff with a triple core AMD, 8GB RAM, 2GB GTX520 GPU” so it has kind made me look for another solution.
Also the only way I have managed to contribute is by using the web interface and not the standalone as the Java applet for some unknown reason keeps crashing my system (I’ve run other Java applets to see if it was an issue with the PC or with the applet, and the conclusion is that it’s the Sheepit’s Applet) so I’m not very happy @ the moment.
Now that’s on my side of the coin, but must admit that whenever I have sent jobs to render I get them rather quickly, for example my last turntable animation was 250 frames @ full 720HD resolution and it took less than 2 days to get the results back, compared to my local render times of roughly 1 hour per frame, which would have taken me ages to render…Conclusion it’s great for a “quick” render if you are working on getting the timings right…you might get people who have had a lot of success with it which swear by it and others like myself that might be in the 50-50 category, or other that would tell you don’t even touch it.
Good luck!

When i last tried to contribute nothing happened during several hours on both my machines. I contacted sheepit about sth else, but never heard from them. Looking for sth new, maybe i should go contribute to burp renderfarming

\Edit: I actually got a reply today. So it’s still alive :).

\Edit2: For my bug report i even got credits as a thank you. that’s nice.

Sheep-it is free and they are not many dev’s, you need to be patient.

I have launch a lot of vidéos and it was always good, the devs are here, we just need to wait a little for the answer.
you can talk to them on the forum and G+.

I up this topic to give pov in 2022, honnestly this is bad, it will never be better than a paying one.
The website sometimes goes offline, there are errors on the website that stops downloading frames, when rendering frames, some are clipping and not rendered properly which means we have to manually render every messed up frames.
The only good thing in sheepit is the render time which is okay for a free service (that we contribute by sharing ressources) but otherwise this is bad.
Even the client to share ressources often get errors due to the hosting quality.

To conclude: this is “good” if you have 30 seconds animations to render for your personnal projects but otherwise this is garbage.