Realistic portrait-any ideas?

Hi, about a week ago I decided to make a realistic looking portrait. This is what I have so far. I’d like to hear some HONEST critique or/and ideas.

PS.:Is there any way to add higher-res images to the forum.

the skin looks a bit clay’ish, the coat is too smooth, the lips looks too “edgy” on the top, and they look too hard… not as soft as it should. also the eyes looks dry. also the mustash looks too spiky, try to mess it up a bit.

i really like the sweater.

really good render so far, dont get offended. i tried to look for as much negative as i could.

Great start,

I try to make the sweater more soft looking. The bumps are a little bit to strong, if it is a bump map I would turn it down some. Adding a particle system to the fabrics with small hairs will make the cloth seem more soft also.

Thanks for the comments;) I’ll post the update in some time.

i strongly disagree. i think he hit the sweater spot on.

I’ve made some changes and (what do you think of the background) this is what it looks like now.
How is it? I feel like there is something wrong with the eyes.
Any tips on finishing the jacket?

yes, eyes are wrong… the highest point on the top eyelid is closer to tne nose, it is one third away from nose on the line inner eyecorner to outer eyecorner. you have it at about two thirds…and, on the lower lid the lowest point is at the two third point, so connecting these highest point of top eyelid with lowest point on bottom eyelid would give you a strongly slanted line, and creates the correct shape of eyes that are open…
on the jacket i would add a bump map to simulate the cloth, for example a bump map of yeans cloth would work well.

@TSF im still giving all the same critiques as before, but i want to say the lips are better, and the skin look better too.

Thanks for the great feedback;)
I changed the hair, hope it looks better now, and the mustache. How do you like the jacket?
I’ll add some props in the next render.

i like the progress. now i think you hve to work on the eyes, they just look wrong. and the wool on the coat also looks a bit off… kinda looks like white asfalt, and it being in the wrong place. rest of the coat is close to perfect.

work on eyes, wool part of the coat, and small tweeks. i dont think you will get it to look realistic, but a really good chatacter render.