Particles being emitted in pulses

Hi,

I’ve this weird issue in blender which I do not know how to fix! I’m working with particles. A simple set up so far. Just some particles being sprayed out onto a collision mesh. It works fine the first time I load the file and press “Alt + A” but when the animation is played out and starts again, the particles start coming out in pulses instead of being emitted in a smooth stream as they’re supposed to be.

Is this a bug? If not, is there a way to fix it?

I’m using 2.69 for this.

Thanks! Any help is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Tim

In general you will get more consistant results if you bake the particle cache. In the particle system, under ‘cache’ click ‘bake’ button

Hi!

Thanks so much for your reply :slight_smile:

I tried to bake them as well. And even if the particles are baked, this is happening. Which is what is SO annoying! And it seems that that particles are not being emitted in pulses, but rather, are bouncing off the collision plane in that rhythmic manner. As if the plane has periodic differences in how objects bounce off it.

Haven’t found a solution yet.

T

Hmmm, not sure. Post a sample blend.

do you have a cache of the particles if you do that might be the problame like doing a fluid sim
when its cached it will repeat the same effect untill you delete the cache or open a new file and start a new

Hi!

I have tried clearing the cache many times and baked them again. The same thing’s happening again. I’m attaching the file I’m using now.

Attachments

sparkTest.blend (1.91 MB)

I’ve downloaded you .blend and checked the issue, I can confirm it’s not a bug, it’s like that for me also, after the first playback it’s weird.
The solution is still baking. You should set “Cache Step” under caching options to 1 (yours was set to 10, that’s why there was a pulse for every 10th frame). If you bake the thing with a setting of 1, that means, Blender will cache every single frame, and you will get nice, consistent results.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. galingong is definitely correct here. I thought they removed that cache step 10 default, it’s like never correct to have it at 10.

Indeed he’s correct. It works now.

Thanks so much, guys!