Christmas Tree Room

Hey guys, I have been working on this scene for a while now and I’m finally ready to post it here. This is my entry for the Blenderguru Christmas Contest. Everything you see here is original, no models from anywhere. I used the sampling addon to get the tree and the window addon to get the window but everything else is hand modeled! It took 20 hours to render on cycles at 750 samples 1920 x 1568. I could really use any critiques you have or any way I can improve this scene! Hope you guys like!

(for a better picture look below)

The lighting is bad, and it makes your render look not that realistic. I actually have the impression that this was rendered in BI. How to fix it: Make some windows on the other walls. Use an hdr light to achieve realistic lighting and shadows. Change the sun brightness to 7 or 8, and make it so that it shines right on the train.

I was having a really hard time trying to figure out the lighting. I’ll try your suggestion and see how that looks! :slight_smile:

Hey guys I have been working on this scene a lot! I did a lot of changing and other things and this is the final render. I’m done with this scene for awhile! I like this one a lot more then the one above! Hope you guys do too. I might get back into it in a few weeks so if you see something weird or strange please tell me! Or if you have suggestions on how I can make it better leave them in the comments! Hope you guys like it!

1 Like

The lighting in your second offering is vastly improved. For me, lighting takes more time than anything else to get right.

Thanks for the reply! I totally agree with you lighting is really difficult to get right! :slight_smile: