Way to bring in Doomsday

Hi,

Blender newbie here. First time post.

Been wanting to try Blender for some time now but never really got around to it. I finally got the chance to sit down and learn it, a couple of days ago.

Here’s first attempt, called “Way to bring in Doomsday”.

Blender 2.7b, Cycles Render, composited in Fusion 7.5.

Edit:
Added more red light to suggest emergency.

Wireframe:

This is pretty nice. The wire frame on the character strikes me as a bit more complex than it needs to be, and the liquid in the cup (coffee?) looks a tad off, like it should have stained the cup more or something. But the story is interesting. A tad funny, and alarming.

Good job, and welcome to Blender.

Hey, thanks for the crit Andvari. You’re right about the coffee. I thought I could get away with that. Haha.

The character was brought in from an old library of characters, hence the weird triangulation, etc.

I like the error message in the first image. In the second one it is hardly visible due to the reflection of the red light.

Thanks BiggR for the crit. You’re right, error on first one, is indeed better.

Very impressive for a first image, I assume that you’re not all that new to 3D in general, correct?

I also don’t think the character topology is a big deal here unless you plan on animating him, the topological errors aren’t even visible in the focal blur.

The only critique I have is that the texture of the world seems to be inverted, but the quality and execution is, in general, pretty good.