Modeling saurons tower

Hello community

I am working on a project but I have a problem. I need to model barad dur (saurons tower) but I am baffled about how to do it. Please help.

Use plenty of references and make it out of a lot of separate pieces.

If you want more specific advice, you’re going to need to ask a more specific question.

hi,
impressive project :slight_smile:
so, what I’d go for is a side/front view if your structure. For simplicity, try just drawing a tower, one from the fromt, one from the side. That is called a “turn-around” - look at this pic http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yrXX_u9o1ac/Uvkn5f8-crI/AAAAAAAAAD4/hFOgg5wZAMo/s1600/Saloon.png of a buidling.
You typically split the viewport into a front and side view and shifty that part of the turnaround into the port you need…
Turn on “ortho voew”, add a cube in one port and place it so it overlaps a part of the building, do so for the other port as well…model-n-exteruce as you go, following the backfround as a guide…
Hope this gives a nudge into the right direction…
Thunder

It started as an image and there wont be Original “turn-arounds” likely however you can take a peak into The Sawdust of the Past

@ eppo - hmmyea, turnarounds for that thing, not likely…but a scetch as a guide…why not?

Most of it will be free interpretation anyways be it drawing or kept in gathered from available materials proportions modeling…Block it out, see if it fits and model details…