Palace Render

This is my 1st Render practice with cycles.

Main Palace is rendered with 5000 samples (Approximately 11 hours). Right side building is rendered with 100000 samples ( This is the 1st render. So only I was test with 100000 samples). BG building is rendered with 1000 samples. [ AMD 8 Core Processor - 24 GB RAM - GeForce GTX 650 ]. Reference is taken from Megamind movie. Give your valuable comments & suggestions to know my mistakes & improve my skills. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Nice looking model and what not, Probably doesn’t need 5000 samples to render it cleanly, let alone 100,000 samples…

What are your render settings like?

Blue dome looks great

Awesome :slight_smile: Are you planned to create any video using this?. Because I wanna see all views of this work. Its nice to see Arial view of this building in that movie ‘Megamind’.

This is my 1st render practice using cycles. So I didn’t change any render settings. Used the default settings ( Bouncs Max:128 Min:3, Diffuse:128, Glossy:128). I changed only the samples & resolution.

It is amazing! Although i think the clouds are a bit blurry.

I like the render, although if you want to show the detail in the model a bit more, I would make the lighting less soft. I would also add some more randomization to the grass, right now it looks like it is in strips like on a farm land.

The plants in the foreground seem forced into the scene. There is no other information giving the plants a reason to be there. So I would either get rid of them, or add more plants to the mid and background.

I agree with Dylanica, the clouds are a bit blurry.

Other then that, good job on the render and I love the style! :smiley:

Surely it’s not noisey at 5000 samples though. I would be surprised if it took more than a few minutes to render to pretty much clean.

:edit: just noticed the grass. Is it just that which is slowing your render down? Regardless, the grass looks very long, and doesn’t quite make sense in context so far.