Array with random mid-sections and curve modifier questions

Hi fellows, i’m working on a simple racetrack, everything is coming along nicely and would like to establish a workflow to create several more… so far two doubts have popped up.
I’m modeling the tarmac using a combo of Array (fit curve) + Curve modifiers, the racetrack has some banked turns and was trying to find a way to have control not only of the actual “turn” but also banking, width and surface “roundness”, is there a way to do that ? perhaps with more than one curve ?
The other doubt is, i know how to add an array to an object and have it create different start and end caps, the question is, can i have, say, 5 “mid sections” spawn randomly in a single array ?

No one ?

Enviado desde mi Nokia 5120 mediante Tapatalk

5 “mid sections” spawn randomly in a single array

• no.

One curve, Bezier circle e.g. (Fill-Front and Bevel Depth 0.5) could allow to form racetrack line, width on each curve point, height and banking. Alt-s would scale width, Ctrl -T tilt or banking in your case. Moving, adding curve points would make shape.
Convert to the Mesh Alt-c, add loops to make road profile and texture.

Thanks eppo… that’s mostly the approach im using, only now i switched to a Path instead of a Bezier because for some reason the resulting racetrack is smoother overall… i guess i’ll have to handedit the mesh once i’m 100% sure of the actual trajectory…