Vacuum tube (Critique and advice needed)

So, I’ve been working on this lately:

Im using some tubes that i salvaged as reference. Im not trying to copy exactly any particular tube, I’m just picking elements that i like from different tubes and sticking them together.

Im attempting to create a glow on some of the filament. But even tough im familiar with electronics, I really dont know anything about vacuum tubes. Im trying to locate the glowing filament in the tube but i cant really see them from reference photos. Also i don’t have a power supply that can run these, So i really can’t check the tubes that i’ve got.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions i’d love to hear them.

It can be that filament is included in thin box/tube-like element covered in thermionic emission mix coating, typically made of a mixture of barium, strontium and calcium oxides substance. You don’t see filament at all then.
Horizontal rings usually are insulators made of mineral - muscovite, if i’m not mistaken. Anode, outside part which is grid-like in your image - i’m used to see it made of solid dark gray metal.

Hi, at newer (50-70´s) tubes you doesn´t see much of the filament if you have daylight.
Here are some examples:

Full beauty of a ECC 83 with long exposure time :slight_smile:

Cheers, mib

Thanks for the information guys, I’ll do some tests and upload a picture later.

Also,

This is exactly the effect im trying to create. Thanks for sharing.

Also the coating on the top of the tube doesnt seem to reflect anything, Maybe an environment or a HDRi map would do the trick? And should i stick to having no base instead of plastic ones seen on the picture? My reference tubes dont have any and neither do their corresponding sockets.

Very nice model, try maybe add some base for it in steampunk style.