John Paul II

Just leaving religion aside, this man had an incredible personality.

Feel free to download it for free at https://sketchfab.com/models/ac71a68fcbad4c52be3324fe8e8e1633

I made the portrait in a bit decimated manner to express the ambiguity of this great person.

again, a very convincing sculpt… now, give it a proper material, claylike seems be good from the way you sculpted it, and lighten and do a nice portrait render (choose a camera lense from 80-100 for best results) :slight_smile:

I see your point and I do appreciate your advice.

yes, i see your first point, though you would do a sculpt that has the lense the camera used to take the foto, built in… so, how do you go about the other views then? hope that the reference fotos used the same lense? … i have no experience with 3d printing, but i would expect when you look at your printed sculpt from some distance, it will look wrong, similar like you turn on persepctive view in the viewport with a lense about 50 ,but as said, i have no experience with printing,would like to hear your experience when you printed your sculpt…

Awesome work

very nice…go for high details…

Thank you, Doris, Adam, Moreza T. I agree with Morteza T, this requires more work and details.

Doris, when you look at the printed thing (as at any real life object), the view is neither perspective nor ortho, it is stereo view. A human being sees with stereo vision. Neither Blender’s persp nor ortho is a stereo view, it is just a computer generated image and niether of them is a stereo view - just because a human being has 2 cameras (2 eyes), not one (like Blender)! But ortho view in Blender is much more similar to a human stereo view than a perspective view. The last is more similar to a photo camera.

You have a good question about using photos (perspectively generated images) for references. Well, one has to take a distortion factor in mind, as well as focal length of a camera, perspective volume reduction, etc. This is why I usually use just a single reference photo. This sculpt was made with just one. How did I get the depth? Just with obervation of a singe image.

Thank you! You can download it for free at John Paul II - Download Free 3D model by Paul Marx (@my3dscanner) - Sketchfab