how can i put an animated texture? ( for a phone screen, or alpha map)

i know there is an option of texture sequence, but it didn’t prove useful-ness
so i want to make a video of a phone with andriod, got the screen capture vid, what can i do now?
oh, and can i use the same way to make a transparent word on a plane field without having boolean mesh?

Oh I see! you want to put a animation on a screen?
the screen capture was a AVI file? movie?
I do not see what is going wrong.

oh? it really didn’t work for me, it was either no animation when i press alt+a; or there was animation colorful errors (mostly magenta and pink bar noise)

“magenta and pink bar noise” are you using a UV map? the bar lines sounds like it is not mapping right.

hmmm…
it seems like it’s completely not working now…
if i go image texture, then open the .avi file, then plug it into the UV node of the texture co-ordinates, nothing comes up…
could you possibly do a video capture or something similar of how you do it? i might have missed some smaller
thanks!

Probably the best way to do this is to start with an animation that features a blank screen. A plane representing the screen is included in the model, as are other planes which represent the position of the glass in-front of it.

The shot itself is made using compositing. The “blank slate” shot contains the phone in the actor’s hands, moving as it may. The next shot consists only of the screen-plane, moving (of course) along with the now-invisible phone. Onto this plane is projected, using local coordinates, the film that’s supposed to be seen on the screen. A third composite, tied to the glass-front plane’s local coordinates (and not actually showing the material of the plane itself …) consists of whatever effects, reflections and so-on may be needed to convey that “there is a piece of glass in front of the screen.” (If that’s actually needed to “sell the shot” at all . . .) For example, if the actor’s face is to be reflected in the screen, a camera at the glass-plane position would be used to collect what is to show-up there, possibly after flipping the coordinates end-for-end along the local x-axis.

Just import the video with the ‘Import - Images as Planes’ add-on. With it selected go to the materials panel and set an Emission Node to ‘Image Texture’. That becomes your screen. And, you can set Cyclic, number of frames, etc. right there. I don’t recall having to go to the Texture Panel but if you do the Texture is already there. Check it in the viewport using ‘Rendered’. It’s just as easy in BI but sadly YafaRay doesn’t support it yet.