@ Graphicall.org a request to improve speed

I don’t know who the people are behind graphicall.org
But maybe your on blender artist too.

So i see your team is always heading fast with blender builds, early releases, custom releases etc.
Most of the time, I see them as CUDA enabled OSL “FASTEST BUILD” 2.7.X.X

May i then bring attention to you “adaptive sampling”, because a FAST build is one thing.
But a FAST render engine, is the reason why people choose for fast builds.
Its just a TIP to you people, the code can be find in D808;
Code is ready, working but since review was late, now wont see it till 2.73, and that could be a half year wait or more.
On lots of animation types this can reduce render time in between 30% to 60%, so thats FAST :smiley:

(there have been builds made by the developer in the dev forum/artist thread, but those where not full complete versions of blender).

There’s an about page.

So i see your team is always heading fast with blender builds, early releases, custom releases etc.
Most of the time, I see them as CUDA enabled OSL “FASTEST BUILD” 2.7.X.X

The builds on graphicall are done by individuals from the community, not the site operators. I think the guy who keeps calling his builds the “FASTEST BUILD” is writing bullshit, especially since he doesn’t specify his build configuration.

If there isn’t an adaptive sampling build on there, that means nobody bothered to build one and uploaded it there.

Also, you can get the adaptive sampling builds elsewhere. Others will start building that branch when they feel it’s ready, or when adaptive sampling is in master.

There’s currently a plan to soon have the buildbot dispense builds of what is known as the staging branch (which as of this writing contains the adaptive sampling patch) but I haven’t heard of any recent efforts to actually pull through on that.

Ace, can you clarify a bit, do we get a build bot with enableable options (just mark what to include) or so ??

Within this community, BuildBot is used to refer to the blender.org page that contains the latest builds of Blender and uses the buildbot software: https://builder.blender.org/download/