Earth: Primeval - London Fischer Concept Armor

Lighting, materials, and mesh deform modifier applied…showing detailed look at London Fischer’s ‘Armor’.

I know, it’s not very protective…The real character will wear something much more ‘practical’ when the series is released.

Rendered in Blender 2.71 w/ Cycles at about 1000 samples. Some compositing applied, but mostly just testing lighting and texture nodes.

Learn more about our project at www.earthprimeval.com

Original Image showing only default material is below:

Cool… but really hot!

ehm some rings in the middle dont even touch eacht other, this would never stay in place :wink: i see a nipple slip coming

She’s literally wearing chain mail lingerie. Is this supposed to be some sort of parody? Even by “chainmail bikini” standards that thing is impractical. If you want your project to be taken seriously (and I hope it does, your basic concept is solid enough), you need to put some work into character designs that don’t look like they’re a joke or designed by a teenage boy. Not to mention, your description says she lives on the streets. Where on earth would she have GOTTEN that thing, and why? It’s not something that would be cheap or easy to make, and it has zero practical benefit.

You can keep her sexy if you want to, I’m not saying you have to wrap her in burlap or anything, or even change her ridiculously tiny waist. But try to come up with something that has either some practical use, or makes sense with her character background. Or if you want to keep the sexy warrior look, at least tone it down to something like Wonder Woman’s new getup: http://images.travelerstoday.com/data/images/full/11184/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-costume.png?w=600

EDIT: lest this sound too harsh, I really do like the concept and the human model is excellent. I just feel like her outfit is cliche almost to the point of absurdity, and it distracts from what’s otherwise a good character.

Ahhhhhh, wow!

Yeah, that was me experimenting with a particle system. I didn’t want to make each one of those rings, and I messed with disctribution until I got them as even as possible. From a distance, you can’t see it, but this view was a little closer to emphasize the lighting, material, and detail.

As for the chainmail bikini purist (I’m totally joking, by the way :slight_smile: ), this concept model was really an experiment and is definitely a case of form over function…hence the quotes around the word ‘armor’. But, you took the time to read about her background on my site, and I appreciate and respect that you looked into it before replying. To your point, I totally agree. This is obviously not real armor, and would never be worn as such.

To provide a little background, the glowing crystal at the end of her neckpiece is a small part of the ‘nexus’. As one progresses in skill, they undergo an ‘attunement’ and gain special powers and abilities based on their training and personality. This crystal grants them additional powers and also provides the bearer with a small shield, which protects them from most ordinary attacks. So in a sense, they don’t need armor, in which case what I’ve created would be purely decorative, perhaps ceremonial.

But in all honesty, I was testing a particle system and playing around with material nodes to see how detailed I could make it without getting the poly count too high. This was the end result.

Thank you for your comments, and I’m glad you like the concept I’m working on :slight_smile:

This image is overlooking the Nexus, I mentioned earlier:

Have you tried using dupliverts for the chain mail? Might require an overly heavy ref mesh (remember, that mesh doesn’t render though), but you shouldn’t have any issues getting the distribution/evenness right.

re: armor, ok that makes a bit more sense. Thanks for taking my rant in stride, chainmail bikinis are something of a character design pet peeve of mine. Sorry if I was too harsh.