Scrubbing frames from within 3DView

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a shortcut to scrub the timeline, but from within the 3DView. I am using a tablet, which makes using the scroll very impractical, this is why I’m searching for an alternative. So, I looked up in the “animation” input category and saw the anim.change_frame operator. Binding it to alt+RMB doesn’t work, nor does anything else… any idea ?

Hadrien

Those operators are not really going to work, as they specifically require a 2D viewport to do their magic.

Try using WM_OT_context_modal_mouse instead

Hi, I appreciate the help Aligorith. So, I bind the shortcut to wm.context_modal_mouse, which gives me a bunch of text fields and… I’m afraid I am a bit lost here ?

Hadrien

Why dont just change default shortcuts, Cursor Left/Right or Alt+Mousewheel ?

Yea that’s what I’m trying to do ! Changing default or adding another, so than I can still offset by one frame with left/right arrows if I want to. Specifically, I’d like to bind the frame change to the horizontal movement of mouse cursor, if at all possible. I’m still trying to get it to work but I’m really scrabbling about…

Mouse move + Ctrl+Alt (+Shift).

Attachments

Thanks a lot, we’re getting there ! :slight_smile: Right now it seems to jump one frame for every pixel traveled by the mouse, and the direction is not taken into account which sparks the need for two shortcuts, like you showed. This delta value won’t go anywhere between 0 and 1… :confused:

Bump ! I still haven’t been able to make it work.