What is the best 3d app

Hello.
Few year ago there was an tread here in BA forum about the most popular 3D app on the market.

Can you tell me where I can find that tread or a new one for 2014.
Thanks in advance.

Let the war begin.

Why would you ask that?

Hello. People got angry when I talking about Blender. I love Blender and have no experience from anything els.

One young guy open a tread in a forum he want to know which is the best 3D apps to learn from. Everybody talking about Illustrator, Maya,Hodini all very expensive. When I telling him to use Blender for free, people laugh. Why?. I have seen a list on most popular 3D apps and Blender was on top of that list, but I don’t remember where I saw that list. Maybe in this forum. I want to show the laughing people that list, may the stop laugh.

Hello Lurifax!

Maybe doing this search on google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:blenderartists.org+“best”+“3d”+“maya”

You copy and paste the link into your browser, I have not been able to make it work in this forum

Most people become invested in what they use, And very often in any social dynamic what is the outsider must deserve ridicule by the people of the in group. You can see this social dynamic played out on the silver screen when it is traditionally the minority Granted More so in the past then today, but still worth reading Or Here if you wish to read about the same social dynamic with out a racial aspect to it.

But at the end of the day, Autodesk and other paid softwares are good, And expensive, And it is very hard for people to turn away from something they have spent thousands of dollars on. Both in software upkeep and in education. And as a rule people will do anything they can to further justify their investment. If you are looking to explore that social engineering aspect of human behavior I would suggest a watch of this series Pillage some search terms from it. And use your google foo. TTC has some good audio courses on the subjects of human behavior, As well as many podcasts and courses that can be found on Itunes

Thanks YAfU and Joseph.
Yea. Blender users don’t need to spend money to get fun. Perfect.