yet another Re-branding Blender in China

Cnstu3DV2.0, which is said to be “creative universal design application for elementary and secondary school by YiYao Co. Ltd.”
I don’t know whether it has an offical website.

It is patented in China Dec 2, 2013 (http://www.xaecong.com/zhuzuo/6394.html). You can read certificate in the attachment.

you can read the -Blender- tutorial at Removed website link with malware

Also Ton said " But what can we do? Not much really" on http://www.blender.org/press/re-branding-blender/. I think at least we can note it down.

Cnstu is a rather appropriate anagram, unless of course they start contributing to the community.

Hey malware came from that “81study” link!
My antivirus just caught it before it did anything. Anyone else who clicked that link should run a virus scan!

Consider it a knock-off blender, how flattering :wink:

Not sure how chinese patent law works but I’d bet good money that trying to patent something violates the GPL.

On the other hand, if you want to try to invalidate the patent and/or recover damages… in China… good luck.

China of course has it’s own laws regarding copyright but I seem to remember that they have been coerced into following international law - whatever that is :slight_smile: ???

Have you seen the Chinese knock out the Range Rover Evoque £40,000 versus £14,000 !

Tell me about it.

I wrote two novels about 14 years ago and Action Tales published them as ebooks when ebooks were still a rare thing.

I got email from some guy in China who said he could get them published there with a potential audience in the millions. I told him to contact Action Tales to work out a deal, but they never did.

Next thing I know, my novels were all over China. And I didn’t see a dime.

The concept of copyright and licensing is practically nonexistent in China as long as the communist party is raking in dough from the company in question (and I doubt the BF has anything that would benefit them).

I’ve heard before that if there’s a product in the western world, there’s probably a knock-off in China (someone even copied the whole Disneyland park some years back). Then there’s the unusual cases like washing machines making use of the Apple logo (yes, that really happened).

Blender is also not the only app. that’s been knocked off, someone out there even carbon-copied the entirety of the Unity Game Engine (plus some addons) and is now presenting it as free software. Chances are people there have knocked off your art as well, even if it was painted on a canvas (yes, they have professionals who can almost perfectly replicate every last brush stroke).

To conclude, there’s nothing we or the BF, or anyone can do about it now or in the near future.

sorry to see this happens again, but you can’t do nothing about it, if you can’t deal with China, dont mess with it, stay out of it, because its too massive and messed up so much from inside, nothing can really change China but itself, maybe one day it will get there as its already hundred times better in terms of everything than it was 15 years ago, if you really feel the need, try to get in tough with Chinese blender community see what kind of help they can offer

Thanks for blenderCN.org(china) always help us uncover these chinese re-branding guys.

Why there’s another chinese re-branding guy? (again)
Why they don’t re-branding Autodesk/Adobe…'s product?
Yes. Cuz Everyone know Whats the Autodesk/Adobe…'s product looks like.

So. We need many more chinese CG guy drop into blender.
LoL

They don’t rebrand others because they don’t have access to their source code.

I meaning everybody know that’s a shame.
Why they still did it?
Cuz they guess the Others chinese guys don’t know Blender.

People always hate cheater who re-brand open-source-software to deceive gov’s money.

why would you steal a free program to sell in the worlds largest piracy market? they are just going to steal what you stole. its less effort and cost just to point them to the official blender. dont blame communism, if i remember right that one kid from cuba was donating code back to blender until he got hired by a company and had to stop over conflict of intrest or something. piracy is the culture over there. someone pirating does not suprise me, most do it because they are poor there and dont have access to buy it legally even if they had the money due to govt regulations. what does surprise me is someone thinking they invented the idea if pirating and are the only pirate in all of china. they cant see others are going to do to them what they did to blender. talk about not knowing your audience even when you are one of them. there next bright idea will be selling law enforcement career class in prison.

Communisms only influence in modern day China is related to politics. People are permitted to do whatever they want, even if it is ethically wrong. Just don’t mess with the government. I really doubt the 3D community is going to use a copy of an already free program. Users are a little more tech savvy than that.

I think you are talking about him

So this is the real origin of Blender !?
That explains quite a lot !
I’ve always had the impression it’s a rather alienating piece of software.

What does this post mean?