Animatable sketchy look with Freestyle

I’m trying to create an animation using Freestyle with a “sketchy” look to the strokes. It’s easy enough to get a “sketchy” look in the first place…just apply a “sketchy” chaining style (either in the Blender GUI or in a style module), and then add spatial noise (using the Spatial Noise modifier in the gui or using the SpatialNoiseShader in a style module).

The problem is, spatial noise operates over the length of the stroke, and if the stroke length changes between frames, the result is inconsistent. Perlin Noise doesn’t have this problem, but then the same perturbations are applied to each sketchy stroke, so they overlap and look like a single stroke instead of several as with spatial noise.

The way I would imagine doing this is to use Perlin noise but use a different seed for each sketch pass, but I can’t find anything in the Blender GUI nor the Freestyle API that does this. Can anyone point me to a way to do this? Or an alternative technique to get the “sketchy” look that doesn’t jump between frames of an animation?

Ok, I took some more looks at the Freestyle API and it looks like the “chaining time stamp” gets incremented for each round of a sketchy stroke. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? If so, is there a way to use the “chaining time stamp” as the seed for Perlin noise?