Quick Tip: Controlling Texture Tiling in Cycles

Did you ever want to place one or more non-tiling textures over a single mesh, but didn’t have the inclination to create two separate UV projections to control their location/scale/tiling? Here is a quick tip on how to go about it (hint: check Min and Max options in Mapping node):

Please can you explain this in more detail. I tried this but I did not succeed. I used to jpg-textures though, maybe the fault is in it?

Yes, well, without seeing your example, I’d say that it has to do with trying to use this setup with images that do not contain alpha. In order to combine alpha-less images, you might need to use a Color Mix node in the proper blending mode. The combined alpha information from the two images in my example is used to precisely isolate the texture areas to be placed over the model. I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, I will post a screenshot showing what I mean. Also, please, show us a screenshot of your setup and intended goal.

Thank you. My knowledge of these textures is pretty bad. I do not understand what textures contain alpha information which are not. So it´s my problem. I must to study the matter from the beginning. If you can recommend any tutorial or other documents about that I would be grateful. Thanks again!