Tower is out of position on upper levels

Hello to all ,

I am a novice at blender, not much an artist, love the concept and abilities’ that comes across the screen, kudos to all who have a bountiful of talent.

I hope my question is easily answered. As in my bio I do programming and gaming, I use Unity for my software and found that blender renders well in higher object modeling depending on poly’s and what not. I use skins to base the models with and cut down on rendering.

I built a tower @ 100 levels and copied steps as I went up. I walled the stairs in and looked well at first. Ran unity and traveled up the stairs until I reached about level 30 and then found the stairs shrinking into the walls.

1. Is there a way to check the “trueness” as you progress in modeling?

2. Is there a better way to build a tower with internals in a multi position model? Each level(stairs) is explicit for rendering and collisions. prefer to use three tiers of stairs for each level.

Sorry there is no model to post as a picture, basic blocks, no skins, when I started. I was in the military at the time and working with a team, we disbanded and went our separate ways. Hope to start, continue, finish my concept.

Appreciate the time to answer my post.

1. Please rephrase not sure what you’re saying

2. I’ve watched a few tutorials about other objects like guns and it seems that it’s easier to use separate objects instead of trying to get it all into one mesh. In your case maybe try making the stairs a separate object in blender.

did something like that a while back

show some pics of what you got done !

I would suggest make one object for all floor elevation
this then becomes your guide or working lines

after you can add stairs on each floor may be using array Z for a few floor
but might not work if you try it for 40 floors !

happy bl