Would you be interested, and if so, at what price?

Hey there all!

I have a question?
I may have some clients in the very near future, that would require anything from 3 to 300 products to be modelled with fairly high accuracy and not too high polycount in a short period of time.

if i was to outsource this work to experienced members on here, would you guys be interested?
and if so, at what price?

To make it easier, ill split it up…

1. Basic - The model would be of a mug for example but it would probably have its own style (cyberman head etc)
  2. Average - A gun. Realistic though!
  3. Complex - A rc aeroplane controller

Basic - How much per model?
Average - How much per model?
Advanced - How much per model?

This is a good preliminary indicative scenario. There is always a balance between supply and demand, and for sure the middle-man, or to be PC a middle person. As long as the clients are happy for the items, only time can tell.

im going to be super honest and say that i dont really understand you?
sorry :confused:

Giving this a small bump as i could really do with a few answers?

Just give me a job!! any job!!Please i need the work! I don’t want to go back to the pits!
I get one to two hundred US a day to do Handyman/home repair work. How long should it take me to mode a model? I will work for handyman pay. A hundred pounds a day you tell me how many models I need to do a day.

Check & compare the prices on 3d market places (ie. Turbosquid…) make an offer. Usually you’ll have to clean models yourself, after homo ignorantus do chimp stuff for monkey (without proper topology). Must do if paying low.

Do chimp stuff for monkey? My topology is better then yours that’s for sure. 156 US a day is not bad pay for where Im from.
Turbo squid is where you pay for a cube. The prices are what people want, mostly armatures.

I’m looking at about £10-£30 per model, is that enough?
topology doesn’t have to be amazing, just neat.
its going to be put and used on sketchfab so that’s why cycles materials isn’t okay.

i would expect my clients to give it a test first by taking up my offer of 3 models for 1 month free.
i could use this as a way to test the modellers too, so the first 3 will be a test and only the selected users will be paid for their work and reused again and again with the rest of the models (all paid obviously)

accuracy is a must though!!

1. Average - A gun. Realistic though!

I can model and texture guns for £10-£30. PM me if you want samples of my work and/or would like me to work for you. (I wouldn’t be able to start until winter break though)

I can model almost anything, however, I need texture references to make a UV map from.

(are these game assets or?)

Nodes?

Blender internal?

It all depends where the freelancer is living and what daily rate makes him survive in life.
Unfortunately nowadays i see people willing to work for peanuts / day and undermine the 3d community pretty badly.
I remember a few years ago when I modeled freelance for 200-300 usd per day (converted currency)
Nowadays it more like 100-200 per day.

Also it is a viable question depending on what your client will do with the models? Is it for an online model store. Then perhaps a mug they sell for 20 usd could be 80 usd of work for the freelancer.
It all depends on time spent on a model and complexity. Usually send out the quote and then get an answer for price per model. Or bulk price for 10 models or 1 week of work.

I would say the best way to go is get the list of models needed.
Heres my timeframe for your examples…for example

1. Basic - 4 hours (40 usd)
  2. Average - 8-12 hours (80-100 usd)
  3. Complex - 1 and half days (~200 usd)

Now if you take the time needed for models…and someone can crank it out this fast…then your in luck.

Cheers
Peter Mayer
CG Lead @ Pixation
Model and Assett creation
http:/petermayer1981.wix.com/portfolio

Okay, im gonna re-sum up, and then see whos up for the test…

I need models created to be uploaded to sketchfab, these have to be ACCURATE models and good materials.
roughly the prices would be between £15-£40 per model.

when work comes in i would expect there to be around 30+ models, which would be needed to be completed ASAP
this is why im looking at choosing 2-3 modellers to do the work. this would mean that there will be extremely busy periods and extremely quiet periods :slight_smile:

the way i will pick who gets chosen is by offering up a test.
you will create 3 models, ready for sketchfab.
ONLY the chosen modellers will be paid for this work

i will get the test ready as soon as i have a client lined up :stuck_out_tongue:

Can all who is interested chuck me an email @ [email protected], many thanks

out of curiosity what quality of realism can you achieve in sketchfab, with gems?
im talking rings, ear rings, necklaces?
anyone want to show me a model they have done in sketchfab?

okay, calling all gun enthusiasts!
between £10 - £20 per high quality model!
looking for people who will be willing to share a demo model for free.

i have clients interested, who would need about 150 gun models made starting in January.
Just running through final chats before we get serious with signing the paper and setting deadlines when they said it would be great to see a live demo.

Requirements

The model must be of high accuracy and the materials must be completed in blender internal
NO textures

the only advice id give you guys is make the gun two tone as my client is an online retailer for airsoft guns

Have fun and good luck!
(remember there is at least £500 worth of work coming your way if you show some good work!)

Hey I am willing to do the first one free as my portfolio is down at the moment, although I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student with about a year of modeling. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can talk about this more!

That would be plenty, but with conditions:

• you accept models that are already built and have also been/will be bought by others (in other words, you don’t get an exclusive on the models)
  • any final polish on the mesh, texturing, etc. is up to you.

Another bump, im in need of more modellers, at roughly £30 per model, models to be completed within 4 days is what id expect but not a requirement, email me on [email protected]

Send me a PM – I can do basic/average models and the price seems great!

Hi my name is dylan im a blender moddeler and im on school vacation and want work i will ask R50($5) for basic R300($30) for average
and R600 ($60) for complex if the prices are to high i will definitly lower please want work please >please reply on my email ([email protected]) thank you very desparate for work im frickin bord please please please please

I love product rendering and £10-£30 per model seem good to me.

My Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/ForgottenWorld