Giants in the Earth Scene J1 animation shots

I recently finished the latest scene of Giants of the Earth. The entire film is here:

Here I will focus on a few of the animation sequences. This is a breakdown of the fight scene that occurs around 8 minutes in:

Your quite the story teller.
I thought this was my happy ending, but no, more danger. Will this poor guy get his rest? His happy ending? I know I know, "Life is not all that bla bla bla…
I’ll tell ya one more time, he saves the world, gets the girl and the gold, and is happy in the end. Don’t go all Tim Burton on me.
Your animating is great. good work.

Oh you know its my first movie, so there will have to be a happy ending in there somewhere. Thanks for watching.

Lots of work here! Nice!

Hey Daren, I’ve been a fan since the beginning of this film. You have a good eye for direction. What’s next, the further adventures of Lance or will you be moving in a different direction with the next film? Either way, I’m looking forward to your second film!

Thanks Drew – I have 1 more scene to finish this film (erebus must die!) but after that – I don’t know. I have ideas for further adventures, but may want to do something shorter with higher quality

I posted a video discussing how I used mocap in the scene: