Mirror modifyer acting strange on this object, but not the others

Hi, So I am working on a carved window.

Usually when I use the mirror modifyer, it duplicates and flips the object 180 degrees along whatever the axis i choose it to be, but for some strange reason, it only tilted it 90 degrees. How would I fix this? it worked fine with the part part of the window, but not this one.

Here is how it was suppose to work, see how this sink is flipped 180 degrees along the Y axis? this is how it was suppose to be flipped.

Main thing I noticed is that you have the width of your model in the Y axis. Mirror mod defaults to X axis for mirroring but you can tell it which axis to use. As a general rule you should try to orient your model to point along the y axis, with the x axis as the width. So you can use options like x axis mirroring in edit mode and pose mirroring for armature animations. Its just a good practice to get into.

Thanks, I will get in the habit of that, but it did not fix my problem unfortunately.

Check the object rotation and scale. If it has unapplied rotation (other than 0,0,0) or unapplied scale (other than 1,1,1), modifiers and tools might behave weirdly. Ctrl+A to apply.

thank you very much that did the trick, unchecking scale

nevermind 10/chara